So, I thought I would share my favorites for 2015, not in any particular order. (Bear in mind, there’s plenty published in 2015 that I did not get to read yet…)
- Historical Fiction: The Agency series by Y.S. Lee
- Steampunk: The Dark Unwinding by Sharon Cameron
- Dystopian: The Darkest Minds series by Alexandra Bracken
- Travel/Foreign country: Just One Day by Gayle Forman
- Newly Discovered Series: The Grisha by Leigh Bardugo
- Newly Discovered Author: Stephanie Perkins
- Epic series-enders (four way tie–man, it was a great year!): Sisters’ Fate by Jessica Spotswood, Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs, End of Days by Susan Ee, and Lion Heart by A.C. Gaughen.
- Series continuations: Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson (high fantasy), Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater (realistic fantasy & audiobook), and P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han (contemporary).
- Cover envy: Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- Unexpectedly loved (because she’s a villain!)? The Young Elites by Marie Lu
- Older classic: I Am the Messenger by Marcus Zusak
- Graphic Novel: Ms. Marvel by G. Willow Wilson
- Stand-alone Romance: The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick
- Best YA Fantasy of 2015: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Adult/Royalty/Fanfiction: The Royal We by Heather Cocks & Jessica Morgan
By far, my two absolute favorite books for 2015 were The Royal We and Six of Crows. Here’s to hopefully reading more books in 2016 though I’d say 154 isn’t bad!
Happy New Year, readers!