Last week I wrote about my favorite books for 2015 that were in a series. Now, here are my top ten books that are brand new individuals for 2015, not in any particular order.
1. Embassy Row: All Fall Down by Ally Carter.
Who couldn’t resist a new mystery from Ally Carter?
2. Geek Girl by Holly Smale.
This series looks awesome and apparently is big in the UK.
3. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard.
Epic Reads has been talking nonstop about this novel and the cover is just gorgeous.
4. I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios.
I loved reading her last book and the vibrant cover is nostalgically swoon-worthy.
5. Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton.
Has overtones of medieval fantasy. I’ll bite.
6. Black Dove, White Raven by Elizabeth Wein.
Another historical fiction by Ms. Wein? Yep. Reading that!!!
7. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir.
What a dramatically beautiful cover, and it’s compared to The Girl of Fire and Thorns, which I loved.
8. The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows.
Also compared to The Girl of Fire and Thorns.
9. The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall.
Released last week but compared to Ally Carter’s mystery series.
10. The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons.
I had a teen patron recently recommend the Article 5 series very highly, so I will be picking those up soon, but this new novel also looks too interesting to pass up as well.
Bonus: The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ann Aguirre.
I don’t know what this will be about, maybe realistic fiction, because there is no blurb yet, but I’m anticipating its addition to my TBR pile.
On second thought, maybe I need a new list of Top Ten 2015 Books that have a bit more appeal to boys…